Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Tired

Ok, I've got little to say today. I'm just plain tired...I worked 7:30-5pm yesterday...maybe a bit long...primarily I was finishing up my classroom library. I just need to label the new tubs of books and it's good to go. Thanks to my neighbor Tricia who helped me with the finishing pieces and my fantastic lit coach Jenny for some good advice.

So I'm also tired because I was out partying with my book club gal pals. Ok, not so much partying as intaking waaaaaay too much sugar at DQ in the form of a Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard. And NO I didn't make it to the gym yesterday.

Speaking of book club, there was much discussion of the book, The Heat of the Night by Sandra Parshall. I won't go into details, but it was the author's first book. Our group agreed it was an ok book, but some of us were thinking it was a bit on the cheesey side and lacked some elements. One of my faithful readers (hi Leon) said that she used too many adjectives. So there you have it. I just thought it was ok, but too cheesey and predictable. The ending redeemed the book and made it so that I didn't regret reading it. I can't imagine how hard it is to write a book and put yourself out there to the world to be criticized like this. Sorry if you're reading Sandra, but did you see that I actually didn't regret reading it and enjoyed parts?)

So I'm off to a day of inservice in the form of lecture on collaboration in the form of PLC's. I hope I don't fall asleep cuz I'm just that tired. Have a good day!

0 comments: