Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congrats Mr. President Obama

Wow. History has been made. Our first African American President. Is that why I voted for him? Absolutely not. Both McCain and Obama are good men. They both stand for different things. I was saddened to hear my Shorty come home touting, "Obama wants to steal our money", so saith Miss Day Care Lady. So be her opinion, I just wish she wouldn't shove it on my kid. I gave her a polite line to take back, being that both men are good men.

I voted for Obama because I believe he does hold the most hope for true change. Our country is in a world of hurt right now. Let's just say it...we're in a recession. It's not pretty right now, but it's going to get even uglier I fear.

I believe that our country needs a ton of healing in many different ways. I believe that President Obama can get us there. Hope. That is what he gives me. I saw Jesse Jackson in tears when they announced that Obama had been declared the new president. What a long way our country has come.

I don't really have any more words. Congrats Obama. Don't let us down.

0 comments: