Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I Can't Remember?!

I was reading Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’? and she had this list of things she can't remember. Here is the scoop: Andilit has a wonderful blog. In a recent post she talked about the book Old Friend from Far Away by Natalie Goldberg. Goldberg is a writing teacher, and this book is about how to write memoir.
She states that first we must know how to remember, a skill I need to develop as my memory is as hole-y as swiss cheese. She gives exercises and writing prompts on how to discover forgotten memories. One such prompt is to write for 10 minutes about what you don’t remember. (that's straight from trish's blog)

AND in the fun flavor of the blogging world, I shall make my very first tags: Liane, Jen, Tanya, Jane You're all tagged and I FULLY expect you to make a list of things you can't remember and post em. Oh, and do it for 10 minutes.

So...here is my list:
1. I can't remember who my third grade teacher was. I wonder if it was a really traumatic year or what, but I just cannot remember anything about that year.

2. I can't remember my husband's cell phone number to save my life. OK, what am I saying? I can't remember ANY phone numbers....they're just all in my cell phone and I just click on their names. I swear I'm gonna end up with Alzheimer's.

3. I can't remember what my grandma smelled like. She was such an important person in my life, in shaping who I am and I can't remember her smell.

4. I can't remember my first lie....I wonder if it was a good one.

5. I can't remember what last happened in the book I'm reading currently.

6. I can't remember who first told me about Dansko shoes....I love them soooooooo. I do remember my twinny bought me my first Dansko's....and I still wear 'em.

7. I can't remember what my first alcohol shot was...I remember lots of shots I did in college, but cannot recall what was first. (maybe it's because I drank soooooooo much back then, jeeze I hope my poor mother isn't reading this)

8. I can't remember what happened and why I finally moved outta the dorms in college....maybe tanya will remember and fill me in.

9. I can't remember why I thought I needed a Jeep Wrangler when I lived at the beach. God knows it was fun driving topless and on the beach, but man did I lose a ton of money on that "investment".

10. I can't remember when I got my period. Ok, I can't even remember when I had my period last....like when the nurse asked me on Tuesday, when was your last cycle and when did it start and end? Schaaaaaaa, like I remember that. I just gave up and picked a random date off the (so conveniently) provided calendar.

11. I can't remember the last time my dad remembered my birthday. I kinda don't even remember ever getting a card from him on my birthday.....maybe my twinny can help fill in that gap.

So I am convinced that I may already have early onset Alzheimer's or a brain tumor. My friend Liane just says I've got too much on my plate. Maybe so, but maybe I need a brain scan or lobotomy or something like that. Have a good (not much left of it) day and hold on tight, cuz tomorrow is HAIKU FRIDAY!!!!

4 comments:

trish said...

Hehe...phone numbers...what would we do without our cell phones? We wouldn't be able to call anyone! :-)

I'll be sure to tag you next time I get a meme. :-)

Jen said...

Huh-huh. Huh-huh. Dude. You like, drove topless on the beach? Huh-huh. Huh-huh.

Crap. You've tagged me. Now I have to try to remember what I don't remember...

dale rapid said...

I don't really think I knew why you moved out of the dorms, either. Did you get an invitation to live with someone off campus?

dale rapid said...

can you tell more about the jeep thing?

and more about your years after dorm life?