Monday, June 23, 2008

Water For Elephants

Ok, can I just say that I LOVE summer vacation?! I've had more time to read lately than I can remember (last summer I taught summer school). This weekend I finished off Water For Elephants. WOWZERS! What an amazing book. If you've not yet read it, run to the bookstore or library for it, don't walk!!!

It's a charming story of Jacob's life working the circus as a young man. It also moves back and forth from his young circus life to his elderly life living in a nursing home. The story is just amazing. I have to say I also learned a lot about circus life back in "the day". It's set in the time of prohibition when the circus traveled by train. The star of the book, in my opinion, is Rosie the elephant. Go get this book. It's a fast read...once you start you can't stop! If you want to read a review on it click here.

On a completely different note...no celebrities have contacted me wanting to give me the Versace Patent Shopper yet. But...I did walk on the treadmill this morning. Yahoo me. I was toying with the idea of joining 24 Hour Fitness, but there really isn't wiggle in the budget to add a gym membership right now, and it was hard for me to justify it given that we have a fabulous treadmill here. I will try to be faithful to it for the summer and then re-visit the gym membership idea.

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm.........how about you send me the book to read so I don't have to run out and get it???!!!

---your twin

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Water For Elephants! I read it the week of Brian's Pacemaker surgery. I remember sitting in the hospital room with him & feeling I should be a "good wife" & attend to his every need, but secretly dying to crack the book & read on! Katie
PS Keep up with that treadmill Girl!

Laski said...

I have this book!!! I do!!! I am now dying to read it. I actually forgot I even had it! Too many baby books lying around.