Saturday, October 11, 2008

Princess Party

So here is what I've been working on.....

cupcakes for the princesses that will arrive in a few hours

dance party floor for the princess ball

princess gift bags complete with diamond ring pops

a little pin the tiara on the princess should be a fun game

crown making 101

It's official, Princess Shorty McShort is one day away from being 4. Dear God help me.

Four years ago today I was at SW Medical Hospital in a bed. I'd had several rounds of the miso thing to "ripen" my cervix. Wasn't working. Then I got a little pitocin. Not much progress. Later this day four years ago I got the gel at bedtime and then my water broke around 3am. About 12 hours later, a TON of pitocin and a c-section later Shorty McShort was born. And my life has never been the same. (wipe eyes now, sap is done, moving on)

And I'm okay with that.

Bring on the princesses! Let's party. Princess McShort planned this party, it's all her ideas (with guidance from mom and dad). She helped with the cupcakes (shed did the sprinkles), colored the stones on the tiaras for the game, helped hang streamers and cut ribbons. I love her excitement!! Bring on the fun!!!


2 comments:

Sue said...

Princess Powah! I want a tiara too!Cupcakes look yummy and the decorations are oh so Princess-like!

I think this will be my THIRD happy birthday wish for Shorty. Tomorrow will make it FOUR...her age. Just as I planned it. Or not!

hvk said...

dude! this party looks like it was RAD! i want a princes party! :)
happy b-day to your wee one!