Thursday, October 9, 2008

Haiku Friday Look Back

So I'm thinking Haiku Friday is the perfect time to reminisce and look back at my Shorty McShort's life. So here we go.... (forgive the fact that i'm totally taking pictures of my scrapbook...we've had a couple computer crashes and a theft since her birth....digital of the early days don't exist on my machine!)


so greatly pregnant
you took your precious sweet time
two freaking weeks late























completely worth it
instant love is what we felt
like nothing before

eight pounds nine ounces
twenty and one-half inches
good size they all said

first year flew by fast
pictures taken monthly--oy!
oh so innocent




then you were one year
and the time started warping
almost four years old

you're talking, walking
turning into a young girl
who knows what she wants

very curious
so smart, so independent
growing up so fast

More waxing nostalgic to come and the big 4 birthday is Sunday...Princess Party on Saturday with her princess friends. 80's party tonight at sister-in-law's and family party at my place Sunday...let the fun begin! (and house cleaning!!!)

For more haiku friday click here.

7 comments:

the planet of janet said...

they grow up so fast, don't they?

well done!

Jenn in Holland said...

Time warping is the perfect way to phrase it. My big ones are soon to turn 15 and 13! Wha? How?

Happy Birthday to your princess!

Honey Mommy said...

What a sweet tribute to your little girl! I'm off to enjoy my little ones while they are still small...

Anonymous said...

They grow up so quickly. I was commenting to my student worker yesterday that The Crown Prince Bryonicle will be 20 when my other coworker's baby turns 10 (in 10 years). My student worker is 21 so he was 11 when The Crown Prince was first born. So scary!

siteseer said...

What a beautiful scrapbook you've got going. Great Haiku

Korie said...

Wow, what a lovely way to remember your daughter growing up.

kouji said...

indeed. they grow up so fast. lovely that you have that keepsake. :)