Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

So let me just say that last week was one wild and crazy week, full of ups and downs. I had a lovely dinner at The Melting Pot with my gal pal Liane. We love going there and last week they had a fundraiser for St. Jude Children's Hospital. Nice meal, good company, great to get out.

Tuesday I had my author's class, which I really enjoy. But, it's all the way out to Marylhurst University. By the time I finally get home it's almost 9:30 p.m. A long day for me. I get up at 5am.

I was actually able to enjoy Wednesday evening at home with my family, thank goodness because on Thursday I was at work until 8:30 pm for the kids' music concert. What a late night. Sometimes I just wish I lived a bit closer to school. (I live 30-ish minutes away)

By Friday I was wiped out. Seriously wiped out. Oh and I think I forgot to mention that 3 weeks ago (or so) Mr. Tall was rear ended and pushed into a car in front of him. Yeah, the insurance people decided that our 2001 Ranger was totaled. Argh...I hate car shopping. And we couldn't do much shopping until we heard what the insurance company would be giving us for the truck. Thankfully they offered a fair amount, but finding something in that price range in what we want has been challenging. Every time we find what we want and call on it, it's GONE! Blah. So, we've decided to just have a broker do the job for us. If he's good I'll share the love on his information.

Oh and did I mention that we're also dealing with major daycare issues? Yeah...long story short, Shorty is gone from the daycare she used to go to. I really don't want to go into details here, but we've made a report to child protective services. All I can say is parents, talk to your kids. Listen so they feel like they can tell you anything and believe them. Trust what they say. End. of. Story.

We spent most of Saturday ironing out all the icky details of the daycare debacle. Today we got our Christmas tree. (and did a bit of grocery shopping) Yeah, without a truck we had to tie the tree to the top of the rental car. Thank you kind boy scout that helped to tie the tree on in the pouring rain. Yeah, he was a real boy scout. We buy our tree from the boy scouts' lot every year. Nice. What the Enterprise doesn't know won't hurt them. We thankfully arrived home with an unscathed car and a tree still on top.

Next it was decorating time. Shorty was so excited. She promptly unpacked all of the ornaments and spread them on the floor. I would have taken pictures but I couldn't find the camera. I found it after we had the tree decorated. Oh well. The tree is finished, but I'm not feeling like getting up and taking a picture and then uploading it. So stayed tuned.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the whole daycare problem. Let me know if you need some help. My little guy still asks about your girl!

Kristi said...

It sounds like you did the right thing to get out of that situation. We have left numerous places throughout the years after listening to the things our kids report.

I LOVE the Christmas layout. I wish I knew how to do that.