Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break Day 4 or is it Day 6?







So, here it is.....a blog that I've been wanting to get started but just not starting. Let's see....to begin my brand new blog I'd like to talk about my spring break. The short person had surgery on Friday (aka my birthday). She had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She did fine but it's been a rollercoaster ride since she got home. Our ride has included the following:


*vomit (thankfully she saved this for the house, not the car)
*sleep interrupted nights (I spent the first night in her room sleeping with her, or should I say not sleeping much)
*whining, "my throat hurts"
*refusal to take prescribed pain medicine
*refusal to take preferred pain medicine out of stubborness
*spilled juice messes
*hours and hours of Disney movies and PBS shows
*janelle getting very little of her "Things I Want to do Over Spring Break" list accomplished
*heart palpitations when the short person coughed up blood (I thought she was bleeding out)

So, I'm feeling a bit pessimistic and annoyed at this point. I mean, it IS Thursday of said "spring break", or as I would like to rename it, "Spring Into the Life of a Nurse". I really shouldn't complain so much. I AM going to Cirque du Soleil


tonight with my good friends Liane and Danielle. We'll be starting with dinner at The Melting Pot.

I've never been, but have wanted to try it out!!

So, I shall now pull up my big girl pants and stop complaining. On my to do list today is to FINALLY get some photos sent to a friend and organize a space for mail, my purse and all the other CRAP I dump on the kitchen counters that makes my darling husband so mad. Off for now. Have a wonderful day!

0 comments: