Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Soul Making Mistakes

So my darling hubby nailed it!!! He got the Mac Air Book commercial song to my blog. I don't know what it is about the song that I love so much. I guess it's the catchy little tune that caught me originally (and not to mention I'd LOVE a Mac Air Book). I'm so not a lyrics person with music, I usually can't figure out most of the words. Maybe I have a hearing problem, but I choose to believe that I'm just "tunical" instead of lyrical.

Anyhow....not being smart enough a good enough listener to catch the lyrics I find myself googling lyrics quite often. I googled the lyrics to the Mac Air Book song. It's called New Soul. I read the words, I went to my blog to hear the song play and read along, and then, yes...oh yes, I actually sang along. (I couldn't help myself....do it...you KNOW you want to!!) Then I actually started to be metacognitive and was thinking about what I thought the song meant. I'd like to say I came up with something really deep and thought provoking, but not so much. Nothing deep.

I was left with the impression that everyone makes mistakes and screws up and that we're all learning about life. At least that I what the song means to me. I'm still working on the whole "I'm a new soul" part. What is a new soul? Hmmm......I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So...speaking of mistakes....my project for the day was to rearrange my scrapbook room. (dear God, what was I thinking and why oh why do I have such a sweet hubby who is always willing to help me when I have these stupid ideas) I was working at my desk this week and thinking how it would be so nice to have the "stuff" I use all the time to be crafty closer to my desk. Yeah, I thought, that would be nice. I said to self, "self, you'll spend so much more time being scrappy and stampy if only you had everything organized just perfectly."

I should have just slapped or pinched my self at this point and realized that EVERYTIME the whole "if only......then I would......" statement is the beginning of a big mess that leaves me slapping my forehead saying, self, "this was really dumb." Thank heaven for my ultra loving hubby who only lost his cool once, after I was feeling overwhelmed because there was NO perfect way to make the room and we'd made a big mess moving stuff around.

In the end only a couple of minor changes were made. My ink pad holder is in the process of being attached to the wall and the floor got a good vaccuming. Maybe I'll post a pic of my room after it's cleaned up got the messy parts picked up and shoved in the closet.


Yael Naim - New Soul lyrics

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake
La, la, la, la (21x)
La, la, la, la (21x)

See I'm a young soul in this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout what is true and fake
But why all this hate? try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make
La, la, la, la (21x)
La, la, la, la (21x)

This is a happy end
Cause you don't understand
Everything you have done
Why's everything so wrong

This is a happy end
Come and give me your hand
I'll take you far away

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

New soul... (la, la, la, la,...)
In this very strange world...
Every possible mistake
Possible mistake
Every possible mistake
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

4 comments:

Lori said...

LOL, I was listening to this song online today, almost downloaded it as my ringtone!

Anonymous said...

You are so good...blogging...I've thought about it once or twice. Actually have an account at live journal...but by the time I sit down to write most of those wonderfully profound thoughts I've had throughout the day have escaped me or no longer seem that profound. Kudos! Maybe you will inspire me to be a better blogger.
My thought for the day...doing something nice sheerly out of kindness is good for the soul! I leave you with that thought...discuss amongst yourselves.

Jen said...

Okay, I'm now cursing inside my head. You've been blogging for all of 5 minutes, and already yours is one of the fanciest blogs I've seen. How the devil did you get a song on yours? I've always wanted to have a song... ::running off to get to work on my blog::

dale rapid said...

Hey! I want a song on mine too!

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know how (read above comment.)

My interpretation of "new soul" is someone who looks at the world as if they've never seen it before. Then as many believe in reincarnation, (I'm on the fence on that one) it could literally be someone who hasn't had many lives, at least on earth.

The End