Monday, March 31, 2008

Can I Hear a Cheer for the Snooze Button?

So today was the day back to school after spring break. I don't think I need to even explain how rude of an awakening my loudly buzzing alarm at 5:20 was. Can you also understand how quick I was to snooze it and go back to sleep land? I'm sure you can. So when it began to roar again at 5:29 I was annoyed. With my lightning quick reflexes numb, I'm not sure I can feel good enough...I think I must have a touch of carpel syndrome index finger, I shut it off, not wanting it to rouse the short person. At this point I'm laying in bed thinking, "self, get your lazy arse outta bed and in the shower, you really have no choice". A couple minutes later I hauled my arse outta bed and stumbled into the shower.

I could go on, but suffice to say the day never really got much better. I got in my car and realized the gas tank was on empty (I have a 21 mile commute to work) and that I was tired enough to justify a visit to Starbucks. I was 25 minutes later to work than normal (still on time for me). Needless to say, I've felt tired and hung over all day. The consolation prize in this is that my third graders were just as much of a mess as I was. I swear, had I announced that we'd have nap time, they'd have JUMPED on it! They'd be asking, "where are the mats and pillows?"

I'm hoping tomorrow is better, but given that it's 10pm and I'm STILL up doesn't bode well for me. Oh and did I mention that it's a FIELD TRIP tomorrow? Yup, we're headed to the Portland Art Museum. I'm so excited looking forward to this I think I'll set my alarm extra early so I can snooze AND still get to school early enough to finish up the one or two things plethora of things I didn't do today that I really need to have done for the field trip tomorrow.

So I must sign off. Happy April Fools tomorrow. Try not to be fooled and to not be a fool.

1 comments:

jess said...

Hey, I'm up to interview you for the Great Interview Experiment. Just thought I'd say Hi. :) I'll be getting the interview together & sending it this week (hopefully)